Home Remedy For Dry Itchy Skin – You Can Heal Your Dry Itchy Skin At Home
If you are dealing with skin that is dry or itchy, then finding the right home remedy for dry itchy skin is going to play an important part in your daily or weekly skin care regimen from now on. Luckily, there are actually a wide variety of different remedies for you to select from when it comes to remedying dry skin at home. Because everyone has unique skin care needs, choosing the right skin care regimen is going to mean exploring different home remedies until you have cured your dry itchy skin. There is no one size fits all solution to dealing with dry itchy skin, but the following tips will definitely help you.
– * Itching that is caused as a result of dry skin rather than a medical condition can easily be treated using a wide variety of home remedies. The key to using these home remedies is to combine them until you get the results that you seek.
– * Add a can of evaporated milk to your bath. The milk will help to moisturize your skin.
– * Add oatmeal, baking soda and evaporated milk to your bath for a good home remedy for dealing with dry and itching skin. The materials when mixed together will work well at soothing and relaxing the itching.
– * Try applying different natural ingredients to your skin. Cod liver oil, Vitamin E oil, witch hazel, Aloe Vera gel, lemon juice and wheat germ oil are all excellent ideas worth considering as they’ll moisturize the skin and relieve the itching.
– * Some home remedies for your dry and itching skin can be taken in pill form. These include chickweed, burdock root, plantain, yellow dock and goldenseal.
– * Another material that is good for relieving the itching and dryness in your skin is cornstarch, which can be poured into your bath water or dusted right onto your body.
– * Another trusted home remedy for dry itchy skin is to use baking soda in your cool bath water as it will alleviate itching and other skin irritations including insect bites, bee stings, prickly heat and other relatively minor skin ailments.
– * You can drink between one and two cups worth of stinging nettle tea every day to relieve the itching and dryness in your skin. This can be done by adding boiling water to a single teaspoon worth of dried stinging nettle leaves.
– * A fresh poultice with burdock root or chickweed is another good remedy for itching.
Choosing the right home remedies to treat dry itchy skin may take trying a combination of different remedies until you are satisfied with the results. Keep this in mind when you are trying out the home remedies mentioned above and other home remedies that you discover for dealing with skin that is dry and itchy.