Dermatologists explain that the various types of acne are caused mainly by irritated blackheads, pimples, and superficial sebaceous cysts on the skin. The areas that are usually affected include the forehead, the temples, the cheeks, the chin, the chest, and even the back. Some medical cases have also proven that acne can affect large areas of the body that result to extensive scarring.
Aside from hormonal imbalance and minor skin disorders, acne is also known to be caused by improper eating habits, chronic constipation and devitalized condition of skin resulted from unhygienic living habits, consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol or tobacco in large amounts, and inactive habits that lead to indigestion and weakness of the body.
Cheap But Effective Remedies
Regardless of age or race, millions of people suffer from dreadful acne breakouts. A visit to the dermatologist or physician would make you purchase topical medicines or oral treatment such as topical retinoids, hormonal antibiotics, or benzyl peroxide treatments. They might probably ask you to undergo minor treatments like laser or micro-dermabrasion.
Before trying all these chemical acne medications either topical or oral, you can try practical acne remedies. It is advisable for most people who suffer from acne to try common and natural remedies because these are chemical-free products that will greatly help in healing acne to avoid further skin irritation.
The following are common household products and items that can do wonders on cleaning and clearing up your skin:
– Baking soda. Most people would find it absurd but this very cheap household product is quite effective in exfoliating the skin. Used as a great scrub, the use of baking soda helps remove dead skin to prevent clogging of pores that may lead to the development of acne spots.
What you need to do is mix a small amount of baking soda then add some water to form a paste. Gently apply the mixture on your skin and massage it. After 5 or 15 minutes, rinse the baking soda off your skin and pat your face dry with a face towel.
– Apple cider vinegar. This is an effective product that is known to kill acne-causing bacteria. Apple cider vinegar is helpful in clearing up your skin. Aside from balancing your skins pH levels, the properties of vinegar absorb excess oils on your skin.
You have to dilute at least 8 parts of vinegar to one part of apple cider vinegar and apply it directly on clean, dry skin. Its up to you if you want to rinse the vinegar youre your skin or you leave it alone.
– Egg Whites. A product that is rich in protein, egg whites is popularly used as a facemask to heal and revitalize the affected skin. Aside from rebuilding your skin, egg whites also helps to absorb extra oil from the skin. After separating the egg white from the egg yolk, beat it and apply it directly on your face. After 10 to 15 minutes, rinse the egg white off your face.
– Oatmeal. Known for its quick absorbing properties, oatmeal is used by many people to absorb excess oil while drawing out impurities that exist deep in the skin. You can cook an ample amount of oatmeal and rub it over the affected area of your skin. After 10 to 15 minutes, rinse it off like a facemask.
– Tea Tree Oil. Used as a common household antiseptic, tea tree oil of (TTO) helps kill acne-causing bacteria when applied directly on skin.
– Lemon or limejuice. If you dont want to use vinegar, you can substitute lemon or lime juice for it. Known for containing citric acid properties, using this can exfoliate the skin well, thus preventing the possible development of acne.
After using any or all of these remedies and there hasnt been any noticeable improvement, it is best that you seek medical attention immediately.