People dont realize the effect of something unless they are able to experience pain eventually. This is the most usual case that people who are suffering from spider veins. Before, they use to neglect it believing that it wouldnt really affect them in the future. But feeling pain and discomfort now makes them realize that if they have paid attention to it early on, they would not have to undergo an expensive spider vein treatment.
Getting ready for the treatment
Experts say that the most common form of spider vein treatment is through “sclerotherapy.” This involves a combination of laser treatment and injections, which are done, in a series that intends to collapse the vein affected. People who are planning to undergo a spider vein treatment must be very careful before finally deciding because this will ensure the success of the procedure.
Experts say that getting ready for the spider vein treatment is the first way to really cope up with it. This is because it indicates that the person is already ready to face the problem and do something about it. If you want to be prepared before any spider vein treatment, make sure that you:
1. Have conducted research about the procedure. This is a very important thing that you should do because by doing this, you will have an idea what is the treatment options you have, alternative treatments options if you dont prefer sclerotherapy, what are the qualities of the doctor to look for to ensure that you will be safe during and after the procedure, and the possible side effects of the treatment that you have chosen.
Research can be done by surfing the Internet and looking for sites that offer information on the topic, reading materials such as magazines and books that talk about spider vein treatment and by asking a person who have through the procedure how what the treatment before you finally get into it.
2. Have checked if you or your family has a history of other diseases such as perioral herpes. This is because therapy such as prophylactic antiviral therapy is required to be administered to ensure that there will be no more complications.
3. Have prepared comfortable clothing before the treatment. Since it can be painful, patients who are planning to undergo a spider vein treatment must ensure that enough pieces of comfortable clothing is at hand so he or she can recover fast.
4. Have practiced not to eat at certain periods. Before, during, and after the spider vein treatment, eating is strictly prohibited to ensure that he or she will not vomit when the solution takes effect.
5. Have earned enough money for the spider vein treatment. Two of the most common spider vein treatment options that many physicians administer include the “sclerotherapy” and the “laser therapy”. These two uses modern processes as well as modern equipment so expect that you will be paying more than what you have expected from the normal skin procedures. To make sure that you can shoulder the expenses, it is best to prepare for at lest $10, 000 because the price of each session ranges from $200 and $400.
When it comes to laser treatment, prepare at least $15,000 because each session would cost you from $350 to 450. If your case is more severe, it is get an estimate from the physician who will administer the procedure so you can prepare for the cost of the procedure.